Wednesday 1 August 2012

Mother Daughter Camping Trip



Almost every year since I was a kid, mom and I have been camping. Whether with NVM and Sarah B-Dot (NVM's daughter and my bestest friend) or with my aunt and cousin Jess. Going on at least one camping trip  a year has been a sort of tradition, up until a couple of years ago. We’ve been to a few cottages in the years since, but it’s not the same…



So this year I told mom that we absolutely had to go camping. We had planned to go at the end of July with NVM and the B-Dot but they weren’t able to make it… Knowing how much I had been looking forward to it, on Sunday morning, mom decided we were going to go to Voyageur Provincial Park (camp site about 40 minutes from home). Impromptu mother daughter camping trip? Sounds good to me. So out we went to the shed to get our camping stuff (or at least what was left of it), only to find that our tent had huge holes from the mice chewing it.... little buggers! But that didn't stop us. A few hours and a borrowed tent later, we were off.

It ended up being a great trip! We had yummy veggie food, read lots and spent a few hours at the beach cuz life's a beach so I could get my fix of playing in the sand (for some reason I have this obsession with sand...?). NVM came to visit and went swimming with me (because my mom hates swimming, for some strange reason...).


So there we have it. I got my camping trip I've been wanting so badly, and got to spend some quality time with mom (managed to go over 24 hours without Internet, though I can't say the same for mom, online shopping while camping! Honestly?!...)






1 comment:

  1. I have so many wonderful memories of camping with you, Sarah and your Mom. Many of those memories involve you and Sarah eating 'smores :)

    Cheers to many more camping trips together!!!

    ReplyDelete