Saturday 3 November 2012

Tim Horton's, Halloween, and "A Bit of a Weirdo"...


So I haven't posted in like, forever! Did ya miss me? I know you did, you so did! Anyhoo, here's what's been happening...

[For the month of September, we had an international student from Spain staying with us. She was awesome and we had a great time. We visited Ottawa and Montreal, I even got to see things I never had before! When she left I was so sad, we wanted her to stay. I cried like a baby! She had become part of the crazy Collard family, and I felt like a part of the family was missing. Now, we have another exchange student, from Columbia staying for the month of October.] ~ I wrote this over a month ago, but never got around to completing the post... So, our second exchange student, Maria, has come and gone, in what has felt like a much too short month. As was the Spanish student that stayed with us, Maria is now a Collard. I love her like a sister and wish she could stay longer. We will never forget her, and I know I'll see her again.

One thing I must mention, that I don't 100% get... All the exchange students, and even their teachers that have come with them, seem to be addicted to Tim Horton's! I mean, I do love me some Tim's French Vanillas, but of all things, Tim's seems to be "the Canadian thing" everyone's talkin' about. Although, I guess there's not much else to do in A-Town... :P

Oh! And I must tell you what I did for Halloween! You're not going to believe it... I went TRICK OR TREATING! Yep, that's right. Bekah Collard, who spent last Halloween at exercise class and going to bed early, went and walked around (in the freaking cold, might I add) going up to people's houses asking for candy. I must say it was fun to spend some time some of my bestest fwiends (even though BritterB. ditched), but the candy and chocolate hasn't dome me much good. I've been feeling sick all the time from so much sugar. The funny thing is, as I was sitting on the couch with Maria, stuffing my face with a million calories, I wasn't thinking about the fact that my face would look disgusting in the morning, or that I was going to get fat... I was thinking about how unhealthy it was, the last thing on most teenager's minds when eating junk. I guess this just adds to the previous speculation that I am a bit of a weirdo... Oh well, what can ya do?

So, there it is... A little bit of the past 2 months, and I promise to try and write more often... From a member of one of the weirdest families you'll ever come across,

Namaste. 

1 comment:

  1. I adore coffee. And I know good coffee. Tim Hortons is not good. It's crap. It's cheap, and it tastes cheap. BUT THERE IS SOMETHING SO COMPELLING ABOUT IT. Mom got me a Tims card a while back, I finished it and am still trying to break the habit. Now and then on the way to work I pick up a double double and a honey cruller, and even if I don't, I THINK ABOUT IT.

    I keep telling myself it's so I can Rrrrroll up the Rim....

    And about thinking how candy is unhealthy - I feel that way about any sweet/desert not made from scratch now. :) I'll eat them, and enjoy them, but at the same time some part of me is cringing a bit and thinking, "What is this *made* of...?"

    ReplyDelete